Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Missouri River Relief Event (Oct. 3, 2009)





More photos can be found by clicking this link EAC River Relief Event

This year's Missouri River Relief event revealed two things about environmentalism. One, not enough is being done to cut out the large amounts of plastic being thrown away each day, and two, EAC members are willing to do their part. We had 6 volunteers that went to the event and we all had an awesome time. There was hot dogs, for those who like hot dogs, (which I do), there was a boat ride, animal crackers, and of course, tons of plastic bottles to clean up. Some notable finds by the EAC members this year: A log that looked like a fish (way to go Karen), and a freezer (which Dr. Frazier and James so diligently extracted from the ground). Thanks to everyone who participated and make sure to check out the photos!

1 comment:

environmental training said...

Wow. That is a very noble thing to do. I love rivers and I remember back when I was still a kid, there are some rivers that we loved visiting but lately, they are not that good to visit anymore. I hope that when the time comes, my kids would be able to enjoy rivers too.