Friday, September 18, 2009

Fall 2009 Stream Clean-up



As a Missouri Stream Team we are making it our priority to be a major part of keeping Warrensburg area streams clean for our own, and future generation's, enjoyment. Here's a shot of everyone who participated in our Sept. 17 Stream Clean-up in West Park (the EAC's designated stream). Some notable finds: A sweater, several tires, a dishwasher cover, and some things I'm sure most of you would rather not know were in the streams. Thanks to everyone who participated and we hope to see even more people out there next time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I co-founded the EAC with Jeremy Ruzich back in 2001 as an undergraduate at CMSU. I initiated the EAC'S Stream Team (#2634) and am THRILLED to see that it has been kept-up since I have left. Thank you so very much for all that you have done for the EAC and keeping it going strong! I will try to catch a meeting sometime since I am now back in the area! Would love to help you out on future projects (as much as I can!). Thank again! Stephanie Payne

environmental training said...

Now that is one group worth thanking and worth mentioning. Your group are one of the reasons why (I'm sure) my kids (when I get them in the future) will be able to enjoy streams, rivers etc. when they get older.